Spirit Hospitality News & Media
Page 3 of 6
February 8, 2017
Two of Spirit's Candlewood Suites Earn Top IHG Honors
ATLANTA (January 31, 2017) – The Candlewood Suites-Fort Collins and Candlewood Suites-Greeley have received the IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) 2017 Torchbearer Award, the brand's most prestigious award!
The Candlewood Suites-Fort Collins and Candlewood Suites-Greeley are two of 454 properties within the Americas chosen from the IHG system of more than 5,100 hotels for achieving the highest levels of excellence in all aspects of operation -- from quality to customer satisfaction.
"It is my pleasure to award the Candlewood Suites-Fort Collins and Candlewood Suites-Greeley as two of the top-notch hotels in our industry," said Elie Maalouf, Chief Executive Officer – IHG, The Americas. "These hotels embody the heart of our brand promise and continue to make IHG properties known and admired throughout the world, continuing our mission to deliver on great brands and 'Great Hotels Guests Love'."
A 2017 Torchbearer trophy, the IHG brand's symbol of top excellence, will be on permanent display at each hotel.
BIG congratulations to Fort Collins-GM Jason Coleman, and Greeley-GM Regan Sherwood and their teams for all the hard work put in to attain this prestigious status! Hats off to you all!
TORCHBEARER AWARD CRITERIA
The Torchbearer Award is given to hotels that have achieved the highest levels of excellence based on the following eligibility requirements and criteria.
- The hotel must be open 2+ years and must have opened no later than June 30, 2014
- The hotel must have a 12-month score to qualify
- The hotel must not have been in License default status during the twelve month period from - July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
- The hotel must have a passing score on their most recent SE (Standards Evaluation) as of June 30, 2016 and be current on their MAP (management action plan)
- The hotel fees must be current during the evaluation and awards process
12-month Guest Love Score for the period ending June 30, 2016.